18 August 2010

Rickson Gracie Seminar Qld

Rickson Gracie Well I’m extremely excited.  Just confirmed that Rickson Gracie is coming to Australia and he will be doing a seminar in QLD.   I’ve already paid and booked but it’s still 6 weeks away and I’m sure I won’t be able to sleep – I’m as excited as a fat kid in a candy store!

I’m really going to focus on improving my own understanding of the basics – Upa, Closed Guard, Scissor Sweeps,  Mount transitions and cross collar choke for the next 6 weeks.  From what I’ve seen and searched for it seems he goes right into depth with concepts and application of these techniques and more.  No flashy tricks or techniques, just good solid basics – exactly the way I like to think about things.

It will be really interesting to see the man himself in action, and hear first hand his philosophy on Jiu-Jitsu.  His core concepts on invisible Jiu-Jitsu and the finer points of the beautiful art.

Dan 

No comments:

Post a Comment